In the small chance that you haven’t yet arranged for your guy’s Christmas gift, we wanted to offer some recommendations for the perfect (affordable) gift.
While seeking out the perfect gift, it’s important to find something that will channel your fella’s inner masculinity. (You get bonus points if you help him feel like he could lead the 300 Spartans in battle against the vast Persian army.)
Similar to Gift Ideas for Her, we recommend setting a maximum spending limit before making any purchases, and then promising yourself that you will not exceed that limit. Sure, you want to wow your guy, but you don’t have to sell plasma or go to stupid extremes (like going into debt) just to impress him. In fact, purchasing reasonably priced, thoughtful gifts, will help you (1) stay out of debt, (2) pay off debt quicker and (3) allow you to become wealthy.
To prevent the travesty of yet another pair of socks for your brother, son, father, husband, boyfriend, or bestie this Christmas, we came up with five affordable and meaningful gift ideas:
(1) Beard Oil. This gift obviously depends on the presence of whiskers extending from his chin or upper lip…. or both. Many guys are ignorant of the benefits of beard oil: it smells nice, moisturizes skin underneath, and tames beard frazzle. Here’s an affordable, made-in-America option that I’ve had good success with- Bedell’s Beard Oil.
(2) Whisky. Well this is The Drunk Millionaire after all… Assuming your gentlemen is over the legal drinking age, get him something that George Washington himself counted as his favorite vice. Allow him to partake in the favorite drink of figures with gumption such as Mark Twin and Winston Churchill. Unless he has already developed a taste for a certain variety of whisky, we recommend going for a middle of the road American whisky which should run you between $20-30.
(3) Shoe Shine Kit. As the popular adage goes, every girl’s crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man. Some men forget to glance down at their kickers before leaving the cave and walk around with scuffed and dirty shoes. Ensure your guy has the confidence of looking good (from head to toe) by getting him an affordable shoe shine kit. Here’s a good place to start.
(4) Phone Camera Lens. Your man has either wanted to get into photography, or hasn’t yet realized that he wants to get into photography. Unfortunately cameras are expensive. You can bring the boat closer to the dock before he jumps off by getting him a set of lenses for the camera on his phone. You can pick macro lenses, fish-eye, or many others all at a reasonable price point. Here’s a good place to start.
(5) Tactical Flashlight. You may think that a flashlight is something that you keep under your kitchen sink in case the power goes out. However, a flashlight is something that a man should have with him at all times. A tactical flashlight emits more light, is smaller, and made of aluminum. Trust me, your man will appreciate it as will your pocketbook. Here’s a good place to start.
Hopefully these suggestions prove useful for those of you who are looking for an affordable Christmas gift for him.
Disclaimer: The Drunk Millionaire has no financial affiliation with any of these products.